Sunday, December 25, 2016

Our First Christmas in Malaysia

We didn't purchase gifts for each other because if we need something we get it, and we live very simply here.  We decided to just go to Tony Romas for dinner as our Christmas treat.

It is definitely not like the ribs in America because they don't have pork ribs, but it was a good treat.



I found these stockings at a shop in the mall, filled them with simple treats with Spiritual Thoughts attached for the 6 Elders.  We had them to dinner after church on Christmas Day to help make their day a little more special..   






Merry Christmas Elders




WeeLoon is a very special young man who was baptized in October.  He was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood on Christmas Day by Elder Lamb.  We had him for dinner as well. 


We  became acquainted with this darling Chinese family when we first started teaching our English classes.  They have become sweet friends and accepted our invitation to come to the Christmas Party at our branch on Christmas Eve.  She has listened to two lessons from the missionaries in our home, but is going back to China for a month for Chinese New Year, so hopefully when she returns she will take more lessons.  Her spirit is so sweet and her English is really progressing. 






Being away from our family for Christmas was a very hard thing for me.  I am so blessed to have a family that loves being together and continues with our Christmas traditions, even adding a few new ones.  They are so special to me.
Things here have been so busy  with  activities this week, so  I haven't had a lot of time to think about being away from home.  We are blessed to be able to speak to our family on Skype or FaceTime so that helps when I get lonely  or just need to talk to them.
I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for the opportunity to serve the saints here in Malaysia as I serve the Lord as a missionary and do my best to support and love each of them.
This is really a learning experience for me and I am learning to rely on inspiration from the Lord so that I can make a difference here.


No comments:

Post a Comment